So you don’t like paying $10 to list your brandable domain on BrandBucket ? You don’t like paying 30% commission ? Well one website would like to pay YOU $10 to list your brandable names on their website.
WantMyBrand.com formerly uBrandable.com, will pay you $10 for every domain they accept for listing on their website.
WantMyBrand.com only charges 10% commission and allows you to list at other marketplaces while listed with them.
If you do list with them and take the $10, you agree to the domain being listed for three months without removal.
So on the plus side we have:
- Getting paid $10 for every accepted domain
- 10% commission
- No exclusivity
On the flip side:
- Name must be listed for three months
- Company is new and may not have the reach or resources
- Website may need some work, no place to register
Author disclosure: I have not opened an account but I did submit domains as you can do that without registering. I have never done business with WantMyBrand.com or their owners.
If I get any names accepted I will do a post and detail the process.
The thing I will be looking at is if WantMyBrand.com can do what they have set out to do ? They are going to get flooded with domains, and if they take weeks to get back they will get the same negative feedback the big 3 boutiques get.
They are doing things Margot Bushnaq has specifically said cannot be done, no exclusivity, lower commission. It will be interesting.
Update: They got back really fast to the 50 names I submitted:
Thanks again for submitting your brand names to the WantMyBrand marketplace.
Congratulations! The following brands meet our criteria:
What happens next:
1. Please reply to this email with your PayPal address if you agree to list your brands at our suggested listing prices. Your finalized listing earnings are $30 USD – payable immediately.
2. We will create your listings as soon as we receive your permission to move forward.
Thank you. We look forward to working with you!
Michael N., Sales
Now I love Spartaca.com, not really sure why and I am not saying it’s worth a lot of money, personally I just love the name and won’t list it, the other two I will. I would want $5,000 for Spartaca.com just because I really like it and may use it for one of my own projects.