Kate Buckley published an article on LinkedIn that you might have missed. It’s certainly well worth a read as Kate dives into all the benefits of owning premium domains.
The checklist of benefits that I have included below as an excerpt from the article is worth writing down. You can use this in negotiations when someone asks you why they should purchase your name at your asking price.
From the article:
What do these smart companies know that you don’t?
Premium domains (authoritative, one-word .coms) do very well in natural search, particularly if developed correctly—think: a content-led strategy in traffic. Moreover, their authoritative nature leads to trust and credibility—resulting in higher click-throughs and conversions, not to mention intuitive, type-in traffic (direct navigation). Here are some of the other inherent benefits of owning a premium domain name:
- Category-defining domain names are intuitive brands
- Instant authority, perceived market credibility, perceived market leadership, respect
- Establish company, product or service dominance
- Highly identifiable and recognizable globally
- Easy to spell / high memorability
- Passes the “radio test” easily
- Advantageous brand recall when advertised or marketed
- Marketability: Exciting branding or rebranding opportunity
- Desirability: Tens of thousands of businesses would love to own it, only one can have it
- SEO/Search engine traffic opportunity
- Search engine positioning: Historically exact match keywords are rated higher for relevancy, search engine placement
- CPC opportunity: Increased click-through rates due to user’s recognition, familiarity, trust, and respect
- Asset value: The domain is likely to hold and increase its value over time
Read the full article on LinkedIn