If you are interested in learning more about trademarks there is a free event tomorrow 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM EST. Guest Speaker: Craig Morris, United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Trademark Basics overview
- How trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations all differ.
- Why any new business should select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a mark.
- The importance of doing a complete search and whether to use an attorney.
- What to do if another trademark owner sends a “cease-and-desist” letter.
- What happens after registration.
Please contact Beth Scarborough at email@example.com for more information.
For information about patents and trademarks, see research guide.