.NYC is celebrating its one year anniversary and has reached the 85,000 registration mark.
To mark the one-year anniversary of .nyc, the City of New York published the latest statistics on the state of the .nyc domain name, showcasing its growth. Unlike other top-level domain names, the .nyc web extension is available only to individuals, businesses or organizations with a physical address within New York City’s five boroughs.
Powered by Neustar, .nyc ushers in a new phase of personalized, location-relevant marketing, allowing brands and individuals the ability to truly promote and protect their digital presence online.
- The average retail cost paid for a .nyc domain is $34.99
- The average registrant owns between 1-2 domains, and 98% of registrants own 10 or fewer domains
- 53% of .nyc domains have been registered to individuals; 47% have been registered to small businesses and organizations
- More than two-dozen industries are represented on the .nyc domain
- Top 5 .nyc websites in the Alexa 1 Million ranking are:
You can check out the State of the Domain report here