So we have passed 2 million new gtld registrations, what have we learned so far ?
1)It is better to be a guru (69,069 regs) than it is to be an expert (20,211 regs) or a ninja (14,501)
2) All that talk about shorter is better is hogwash, Photography has (43,603 regs) vs Photos (14,161 regs) vs Photo (9,282 regs) vs Pics (4,873 regs)
3) It is better to be Sexy (15,187 regs) than it is to be Cool (5,358 regs)
4) We learned sometimes you really do have to say WTF (1,690 regs)
5) We learned the Republicans and .GOP have an early lead over Democrats, (2,335 regs) vs (993 regs)
6) We learned Rich people really don’t like to broadcast to the world that they are indeed rich. (42 regs)
7) We learned that people prefer Coffee (6,724 regs) over Diamonds (3,740 regs)
8) We learned a lot of people are confused as all hell trying to keep up with singular and plural versions of the same keyword.
Jennifer) Did you go check out my site at Jennifer.photos ?
Susan) Wait what ? I went to Jennifer.photo, that’s not you ?
Jennifer) No, its not.
Susan) Oh boy, I just bought a beautiful Book of Nature there for my daughter for her birthday. I really wish you had gotten that sale.
Jennifer) Yeah so did I.
Roger) Jennifer just saw these texts, your website is JenniferPhotos.com right ?
Jennifer) F my life ! Damn you ICANN
9) We learned that people register crappy names in brand new extensions just like they do in .com.
10) We learned that domain investors want to go Game of Thrones on registries that inflate their registration numbers.
Lastly we learned that a lot of people use Email (38,769 regs) but a whole heck of a lot more people are just looking for WANG (56,361 regs)
*Registration numbers courtesy of Ntldstats.com
To save comments of “Oh did you know so and so did this or that ?” Yes I did. This was just a humorous look with some fun tidbits on the first 2 million registrations, not to be taken seriously.