Many years ago Sameh from NameMarket.com (formerly GenericDomainMarket.com) started advertising here on TLDinvestors.com. The daily GoDaddy picks in our daily picks post were syndicated from his list at ExpiredDomains.com. Sameh kept the lists up for many years but then got busy with other projects and family obligations.
Sameh emailed me last week to let me know that he has had the good fortune to sell ExpiredDomains.com for $125,000.
I asked Sameh how the deal went down:
The name was acquired the domain in Dec 2014 from the recent owner.
Sameh told me he started posting lists on it in Jan 2015. I also listed it on GoDaddy Auctions after a couple of months, but I didn’t have plans to sell it unless I received some serious offer.
– The first offer that came from the buyer was in July 2015 for $2,000.
– Second offer was on Aug 2019 for $6,000.
– Third offer came in Sep 2020 for $50,000. He countered $125,000, and stayed firm. Sameh had plans for the name he discussed doing more than just posting the list. This was why he stayed firm, he had a plan for the name. The domain name sold in September of 2020.
– The buyer was a woman from Hungary named Eszter Hazai, and she runs a company called VirtuaDrug.
– I was told she was extremely happy about the purchase, and she was so excited they actually acquired the domain.
There is a coming soon page that talks about an amazing tool for domainers. I am interested to see what Eszter develops and wish her luck. I congratulate my friend Sameh on a great sale and interested to see what he does with NameMarket.com.
ExpiredDomains.net is a very popular website.