There was a good article posted on Business2Community.com that gave an illustrated look at a typical buying experience for an online buyer. For those building websites and doing more than just parking domain names it is worth a read and bookmark.
A couple takeaways,
- 81% of shoppers conduct online research before buying, with 60% of consumers starting their research with a search engine.
- 50% of consumers spend 75% or more of their total shopping time conducting online research. This includes 15% of shoppers who spend 90% or more of their shopping time online doing research.