The fight that everyone has been waiting years for is finally coming to fruition. On May 2, 2015 Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather will get in the ring for the richest purse in the history of Boxing.
Kurt Badenhausen wrote for Forbes: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao will almost certainly shatter the records for PPV buys (2.5 million for Mayweather-Oscar De La Hoya), PPV revenue ($150 million for Mayweather-Canelo Alvarez) and live gate ($20 million for Mayweather-Alvarez). Mayweather and Pacquiao will split the purse 60/40 in Mayweather’s favor. Reports have circulated that the fighters will earn $150 million (Mayweather) and $100 million (Pacquiao), but those figures might be optimistic unless PPV buys go crazy. The fighters are more likely to earn $120 million and $80 million, respectively.
Now I am sure the first thing you are thinking is when did TLDinvestors become Ring Magazine ? There is a domain/website angle to this story, you have a chance to become partners with Manny Pacquiao.
MP8.ph is being auctioned on Flippa, what is MP8.ph ?
MP.8 is the Official website and store of top professional boxer Manny Pacquiao!
The business comes with full rights to produce & sell any product with Manny Pacquiao’s likeness and/or signature through the website. Currently there are 550 SKUs + over 350,000 uniques pv/mo.
From the listing:
MP8.ph is the Official Website for the massively successful professional boxer Manny Pacquiao. The site #1 on Google when you search for “Manny Pacquiao,” and has been for years. Currently, the business earns its revenue through ad sales as well as merchandising as the official online store for Manny merchandise. You are buying 75% of the business and Manny Pacquiao and his attorney will be your business partners owning the other 25%. You will have full control of the business and site without having to consult with them on any business decisions. Ownership of the business allows you to create virtually any merchandise to be sold online using Manny’s signature, likeness, and photos.
Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather superfight officially announced!
After years of anticipation the superfight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather wasofficially announced today February 20th! This fight is likely to be not just one of the biggest boxing matches of all time, but also one of the biggest sporting events of all time. The Manny/Floyd fight is estimated to have a purse of $250,000,000 likely making it the highest paid fight in boxing history, and historically this would mean probably 2 rematches bringing the rivalry north of a billion dollars in business. Whoever owns the rights to either of the fighter’s online business and merchandise likely stand to make millions.
The site currently gets over 350,000 page views/month and over 100,000 unique visitors/month. Of course, these stats are likely to go through the roof as the superfight approaches and media coverage ramps up. Previously the site was making money only via Adsense. We have created a whole store full of original designs printed onto T-shirts, hats, hoodies, beanie’s, signed gloves and calendars – there are currently over 500 SKUs and growing. We have no limits to the amount or type of merchandise we can produce, and we have yet to exploit the affiliate market. We realize that due to our traffic and user base, there are many third party products we can sell on our site as well as selling Manny branded products on other major websites.
Ownership rights of this business covers online only, but because Manny is our partner we have had an open line to put any retail or business opportunities in front of him for consideration. You will own the official website and most any opportunity comes to you first.
What is included in this sale?
Again, you will own 75% of the business and Manny Pacquiao and his attorney the other 25%. We have all contracts with Manny and his lawyer to prove ownership; these can be shared with serious buyers upon signing an NDA.
It is an interesting auction and you should do a great deal of due diligence, the seller is not Manny Pacquiao but rather a new Flippa member named, Ziggy Kormandel, in the notes he says that Flippa is assisting with the auction. Kormandel is based out of Los Angeles and he and his partner purchased the website.
There are a few comments so far and I expect many more. Kormandel answered one that was noteworthy as the commenter wanted to know if Manny will provide pics ? Why they chose Shopify for the store ?
We decided to use Shopify/Merchify so we can test many different products and designs rather then produce, warehouse and fulfill designs we only would guess that the fans would want. This way you have an unlimited amount of designs and products to choose from and can test the market. Once you see what products and design are performing well, you can then of course choose to manufacturer them yourself to get a much higher margin on sales. At that point it would be very easy to add a WooCommerce store on the site. As far as content goes, Manny and his attorney are very open to having a crew on the ground in the Philippines to get exclusive photos and videos. You will have full access to his attorney (your new partner) and can make any arrangements you think work best moving forward.
You can check out the auction on Flippa. The auction ends in 16 days and has a high bid of $5,550.
Big shout out to Josh Sexton of NewWebDevelopment.com for his contribution to this story.